Wood Purses

About this time every year, I get to thinking about cool Christmas presents I could make for the ladies in my family. I've loved hard purses for many years. A few years ago, I bought supplies to make some pretty wood purses, but have yet to really do anything with those supplies. I am forever the distracted crafter. I may or may not end up designing some this year, but hey at least I can research the art and find some inspiration.


I love the cube construction of this box mixed with the organic tree design. The addition of the bar handle gives the whole purse a very zen quality.




The long oval shape is a unique approach to a wooden box purse. Though the design is not wood burned, but decopaged, it is beautiful with a vintage water color floral appeal.




The desciption for the technique used to create the Mandala on this box says it was done with Henna, which makes sense with the design. I have never seen henna used on anything but skin, so it's very fascinating that this design was created with that medium. I also see possibility that is someone was to recreate a look similar to this, that this design leads it self to be created with a wood burning tool.




I love the whimsical floral and insect design using negative space and details. The dark burning makes the intricacy of the design stand out beautifully.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...