Mmmm Pumpkin!


It's that time of the year again, Pumpkin season...I mean Fall. Of course these means a trip to a pumpkin patch in October and covering most of my porch in these lovely gourds, but it also means pumpkin food and beverages. So, here is a list of things to try this Pumpkin season.

Food:
  • Pumpkin Cheescake - Olive Garden and Cheesecake Factory both have great ones. I found this recipe for one like the Cheesecake Factory.
  • Pumpkin Bread - This is a recipe for Pumpkin Gingerbread that was suggested by a friend. She uses it.
  • Pumpkin Ice Cream - Ben and Jerry's has a "Pumpkin Cheesecake" ice cream that is wonderful! Also, if you ever go to Harrisonburg, Va, Kline's Dairy Bar has a great pumpkin milkshake. Actually, all of their ice cream is wonderful. Edy's has one too, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • Pumpkin Pie - I usually buy one from a grocery store, but I prefer the kind my mom makes. However, she apparently hates Pumpkin flavored things, so she won't make them for me any more. Something about me being old enough to bake my own. My husband is awesome and made me one last year. He is fabulous.
  • Pumpkin Muffin - Panera has them year round, so I can get my pumpkin fix when the urge strikes.
  • Pumpkin Creme Brulee - I love Creme Brulee and might try making some, since I haven't seen any locally.
  • Pumpkin Butter - This is a new one for me, but I love flavored sweet butters. Apparently you can buy this one. I'll have to find a good one.
  • Pumpkin Soup - This is a food that I have only had once, but it was very good. There is a website dedicated to this fabulous food.
  • Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls - Pumpkin breakfast food? Yes, please. To make this, follow the recipe.

Beverages:
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte - Starbucks has them, but if you can't afford their drink, you can make your own.
  • Woodchuck Hard Cider: Private Reserve Pumpkin - It's a limited batch, so hunt for it at your local beer and wine store. Once it's sold out, it's gone until next year.
  • Samuel Adams: Harvest Pumpkin Ale - This is a seasonal Ale and I've been told, it's very good.
  • Harvest Moon: Pumpkin Ale - It is brewed from Early September till Late November, so you have 3 months to enjoy!
  • Shipyard Brewing Co: Pumpkinhead - This was rated high on taste and smell, like pumpkin, so I might try this one. It's brewed from September till October, so buy it quickly.
  • Pumpkin Schnapps and Liqueur - there are a few available, so mix some up and create a pumpkin cocktail
  • Southern Tier Brewing Co.: Pumking Imperial Pumpkin Ale - This is a seasonal ale and was released in August.
  • Dogfish Head: Punkin Ale - Punkin Ale is named after the Punkin Chuckin contest in Southern Delaware.

If you have any favorites, feel free to share and I will update this list.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...