Recipes: Gourmet Popcorn

We all have had basic popcorn. It's not terrible (well some of it is), but I prefer gourmet popcorn. When I was a minor (kid and teenager), I experimented with making my popcorn more exciting. Pouring melted butter over popcorn, made the popcorn basically dissolve into mush...not yummy mush. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, has a spray, so "melted butter" issue was solved. You can also get butter spray that is designed for popcorn. On top of that, I would add grated Parmesan cheese (the kind in the sprinkle can) and a bit of garlic salt. You can also add Italian seasoning. It is a very yummy combo, but if you want to try something different, how about one of these recipes...


SPICY

Another variation I found added shredded cheese

You can adjust the spicy amount to your personal taste.

Perfect snack for a movie after a pizza dinner.

I would put a little sugar in this one as I like my mustard on the sweet side.



NON-SPICY

This is in need of some bacon salt.

I love curry, so I will definitely try this one.


SWEET


If you like almonds or peanuts, mix some in with the popcorn before coating everything with the chocolate. Mix in some chocolate chips after everything has cooled.

If you like nuts, try adding a few peanuts to the popcorn before coating with caramel.

This is the Red Hot type, not the regular sweet kind. Technically Red Hots make it well hot, but since they are a candy, I'm putting it here.

To me, peanut butter is sweet, but this one contains marshmallows, so it's definitely sweet. For this one, you can add candies like Reese's Pieces or any type of M&M.

You can use any meltable candy bar.


These gourmet popcorns would also make great holiday gifts whether it be a hostess gift to share with guest or a personal one. They are great if you have a small present budget or just know someone that loves personalized treats. You can put the popcorn in cellophane bags or tins. Tins can usually be found at a dollar store around holidays, as they are used for lots of holiday food and present giving. Happy cooking!

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...