LONDON FASHION WEEK S/S 2013: David Koma

David Koma's Spring Summer 2013 Collection is full of strong graphic lines and color blocking. This collection feels very futuristic to me. I love the enlarged fishnet, sheer fabrics, pleating, PVC, and pops of color against the neutrals. It's a great play of cuts, layers, and textures. I've selected a few of the pieces from the collection, to feature on my blog, but to see the full show, view the video at the bottom of this post. Of all these striking pieces, my favorites are the 1st dress with the teal pvc lines and pleated skirt. I love the starkness of this dress. It's detailed without being overly complicated. The pleating of the drop waist skirt gives a nice unexpected fullness and playfulness to this otherwise structured shift dress. My next favorite is the 5th look with the peach fishnet and orange PVC fabrics against the cream. The vertical PVC lines on the skirt remind me of garters, which plays well with the fishnet fabric. Those elements make this simply cut dress exude sexiness. My last favorite is the 15th look, with the sheer black sleeveless tunic over the partial fishnet print dress. The way the print is done reminds me of fish scales, vs netting. The sheer tunic adds a textural layer to the dress, and shadows the shape of the model's figure. I wouldn't normally like a boxy tunic like this one, but since this one is layered over a graphic print, it isn't too overwhelming on the body. I'll have to rethink some of my fitted dresses and sheer swingy blouses.









For footage from the full show, go here.

or here.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...