PARIS FASHION WEEK S/S 2013: Louis Vuitton

Marc Jacobs did a fantastic job designing the Louis Vuitton Spring Summer 2013 collection. Watching the models come down the escalators in pairs, instantly made me smile. What the Louis Vuitton brand is most known for, is their bags. Marc didn't disappoint with his retro style of bags, paired with corresponding outfits. The styling of the whole collection, is definitely 60s mod. Not looking closely at the individual pieces, and some of the bags, it seems to be a barage of plain checkerboard. After watching the 2nd video at the bottom of this post, you will learn that most of the checkerboards are made with a special sequined fabric. Feel free to click on any of the images I've shared, to make them larger, so you can see the details of their construction. I don't see a lot of checkerboard fashions outside of kitchy Rockabilly fashions, and still very limited. These were sort of refreshing in a way, and made for a consistent collection.

Of all these great pieces, my favorites are actually bags, as I'm not sure how wearable a checkerboard outfit would be. However, a bag would be much easier to use, as very trendy bold items are best done with small pieces. Bare with me on showing you which are my favorites, as I included bag photos with their coordinating outfits. I love the 2nd bag, which is a large green and white checkerboard in a small duffle bag style. Long and round bags like this can hold a lot inside them, which most gals know is important for all that we carry daily. My next favorite is the 8th bag,  which is a doctor bag style in grey and white checkerboard. Again, this style is great for holding a lot. It makes me feel like a fashionable small town doctor, but the only "medicine" I'd have in it is mints, and lip balm. My last favorite is the 12th bag, which is square in brown with white piping. With the luggage tag, it reminds me of my grandmother's vintage luggage, but smaller. I would prefer it in black with white piping like it's shown in the 24th look (hum, I guess that is actually the 47th look since I was counting the pairs). There wasn't a good photo of it in that color combo (neutral combo?). Still it would be a great small carry-on, or every day bag. I've shared several looks to show you, but if you would like to see the full show, watch the 1st video at the bottom of this post. The 2nd video has some great insider information on the pieces, and an interview with Marc Jacobs about the collection. Fabulous information!

















To view the full show, go here.


For insider information on the looks, go here.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...