UPDATE: Life or Something Like It

When I'm busy working on several big projects at once, sometimes I let my normal blog posts slide. Honestly I haven't felt very inspired to write about fashion stuff. That's perhaps because I've been doing that for many years and though I still have some material left to cover nothing has really grabbed me. I do have some ideas drafted, waiting for supplies to arrive or the mood to strike. Just one of those things I guess. However, I have been busy working on projects in conjunction with Craft Test Dummies, Fairfield World, and a blog hop. Here is a peek at what I've been up to lately.


On November 4th, I took Alex to our voting poll like normal. It's at an elementary school, so we took advantage of the playground. She did most of the playing.


I made this bag for the Robert Kaufman Fat Quarter Face-Off. It didn't win, but I'm ok with that.


In conjunction with a Mod Podge Furniture product review for Craft Test Dummies, I made over two matching nightstands. They don't match anymore, other than structure, but they do make the bedroom a bit more special. One is silver and glittered...mine of course.


For my husband's nightstand, I decoupaged crumpled and torn tissue paper onto it, painted it black, and sealed it, for a faux leather finish.


I reviewed the Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe Gloss for Craft Test Dummies. I made a few fancy gift items. I'm hoping they hold up to the dishwasher. They have to cure for about a month before I can test them further. A follow up post will happen in a few months.


For Veteran's Day, I shared this photo of my grandfather's WWII uniforms, that my parents recently gave me. He was in the army.


Of course, I can't forget my kitty helpers. Here is Pippi in an empty box of Poly-fil. She's a fan of boxes she can fit in, as she's a large cat.


Sophie kept me company while I was finishing this mug warmer wrap for Fairfield World.


She also kept watch of my interlining for the makeup brush roll and bag that I created for a Handmade Holiday Gift blog roll that's coming up next week. Below is a peek at the outside of that roll. The tutorial for this will be on Monday.


That's all for now. Back to working on projects and writing tutorials.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...