Recipes: Halloween Desserts

I love fun, delicious and creative desserts. Here are some of my favorite Halloween themed desserts...

Sorry, I'm a bit obsessed with pumpkins, but I thought these looked cute. These are pumpkin spice cupcakes with orange cream cheese frosting, made to look like little pumpkins.

Brain Cupcakes
You can pretend you are Hannibal Lecter and enjoy a good brain...


CAKES

Creepy Creature Cake
I like the idea of using a bundt cake and filling the center with gooey treats. If you don't want to make a large one, you can make smaller ones using a mini bundt pan.

Boo-tiful Cake
I love the all white outside with a chocolate inside. I love marshmallow and chocolate together. This is a layered cake. Instead of using icing in between the layers, try marshmallow fluff. I'm not sure how well it would do icing the outside of the cake. Maybe test on cupcakes. If it works, I would brown the marshmallow icing in the oven or with a mini torch. If you don't like that much marshmallow, stick with the cream cheese frosting, that is good too.

Pumpkin Marble Cake
By "marble" she means that the outside looks like marble stone. However this glossy photo reminds me of glazed pottery. Still, I love a pumpkin anything, so I'm sure this will be delicious.


PETITS FOURS

I love a good petits four. I like them filled with raspberry. For the ghosts, they would look like they were bleeding...gooey yummy raspberry blood. I'm also tempted to make marshmallow ghost like in the above cake and coat them in chocolate like these ghosts are.

Marzipan Pumpkin Petits Fours
Tiny edible pumpkin cakes! Need I say more?

I like the idea of cute cookies. They are decorative and yummy. Instead of cats, you could make bats using the same basic cookie idea, but with out the cat like decorations, sort of like these.

I love meringue cookies. They just melt in my mouth and are so delicious.

Iced Pumpkin Cookies

BROWNIES

Powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar) give these brownies a dusty look. You could use any chocolate brownie mix (I love Chocolate Chunk) and dust the baked brownies with powdered sugar. Maybe a bit of cinnamon for "dirt". Also, cinnamon and chocolate taste good together.
These are brownies with strips of gum tape as decorations. I personally don't like gum or vanilla frosting. I know that's odd. I definitely wouldn't want gum on my brownies, but instead I would add green food coloring pre-made cream cheese icing and pipe it on the the brownie cupcakes with a flat tip. For spiders, I would add plastic spider rings.

Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
I had to include more than 1 pumpkin dessert, so when I saw this one, I knew it was perfect. I don't like nuts on top of my desserts. In them, well it depends on the nut and how much chocolate there is. If you are like me, instead of nuts, sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the almost done brownies. Since these are pumpkin and chocolate, the chips will go nicely.


ICE CREAM

Of course, you can use any flavor ice cream. I'm a fan of black raspberry (it's purple) with chocolate. My cauldron would need hot fudge, Heath bar and crushed Oreos. Oh and of course, gummy worms...though my daughter likes those more.

Orange Jack-o'-Lanterns with Sorbet
This is such a cute idea. If you don't want such a large portion of sorbet, try using small citrus fruits like tangerines, nectarines, or tangelos. This would also be cute using carved out apples.

Pumpkin Ice Cream
I had to add this. I wanted a pumpkin thing per category. Though I don't eat much ice cream any more, this is one of the most delicious ice creams I've ever had. I love it when it tastes like a pie in ice cream form. In general I prefer milkshakes, so for this, I would be drinking pie.


LAYERED PUDDINGS
Shrek: For your information, there's a lot more to ogres than people think.
Donkey: Example?
Shrek: Example... uh... ogres are like onions! [holds up an onion, which Donkey sniffs]
Donkey: They stink?
Shrek: Yes... No!
Donkey: Oh, they make you cry?
Shrek: No!
Donkey: Oh, you leave 'em out in the sun, they get all brown, start sproutin' little white hairs...
Shrek: [peels an onion] NO! Layers. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers. [walks off]
Donkey: Oh, you both have LAYERS. Oh. You know, not everybody like onions. What about cake? Everybody loves cake!
Shrek: I don't care what everyone else likes! Ogres are not like cakes.
Donkey: You know what ELSE everybody likes? Parfaits! Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some parfait," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no parfait"? Parfaits are delicious!
Shrek: NO! You dense, irritating, miniature beast of burden! Ogres are like onions! End of story! Bye-bye! See ya later.
Donkey: Parfait's gotta be the most delicious thing on the whole damn planet!

I agree with donkey. Also pumpkin is one of the most delicious things too, so pumpkin + parfait = yummy combo!

This basically is made from crushed Oreos, a pudding mixture and gummy worms. You can make it fancier and more substantial by putting a chocolate sheet cake or chocolate brownie layer on the bottom, then layering the pudding mixture, crushed chocolate chip cookies, more pudding, crushed Heath bar, more pudding and then the crushed Oreo topping. You can either put the worms on top (or any other gummy bug) or mix them in as you make layers. I recommend making this in a clear container, so guests can see the layers.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...